04 August 2008

2 more new members!!

A hearty welcome to ‘Mr. Koh’ and another unborn child in Si Putih’s womb. =D Today, Dos and I make a breakthrough discoveries that surely makes abah’s pocket thinner than ever. Huhu..

Firstly, I’ve found out that Putih is actually a female, along with Oren and Comel, and the most shocking part is Putih is pregnant!! Talk about receiving so much info in one gulp. I don’t know how my family can be mistaken about their gender where there’s obviously no testis down there. Maybe my beloved family in denial I guess, especially abah. Hehe. Putih and Memeh are actually ‘kena buang’ by some irresponsible person out there into our home area, and so abah and mak took pity on them and starts giving them food and water to drink. In the mean time, Memeh got pregnant, deliver 2 healthy cats which later end up being the-most-cherished-pet in the house by Dos and Zati. And Putih too. Blame all the lame name they get to Dos and Zati. Hold them responsible for it. Hehe.

Between Memeh and Putih, I really can’t choose one above the other. While Memeh is so choosy about her food, we all like her attitude towards her two kids. Seing them, I wonder how human being can ‘toss away’ their own flesh and blood to some dirty old dustbin, in some public toilet or even sell their babies away. Even animal love their own kin… Si Putih never been a food picker, and I can say that she’s the most graceful one among the four. She usually avoided the fight with Memeh if she can and if Memeh is not around, she still helps to look after Oren and Comel. She really is like an aunt to both Oren and Comel. Perhaps she’s just practicing for her own upcoming motherhood I guess. Only God knows why she act that way.

Secondly, somehow Dos rescued a fresh-born mice after her mother was eaten by Memeh. The poor thing, so small like the size of 1 cent coin, with no fur and eyes still not open. It (for I cant tell what’s gender is it) does look gross to me, but I guess we don’t have the nerve to kill it, well not directly of course. (me, Dos and Zati). Abah and mak insisted on just giving it to the cats since we cannot possibly feed it since its mom died away already. It’s only a matter of time for it to die (hopefully peacefully and painlessly), but so far we manage to keep it away from harmful cats in a box filled with tear newspapers to keep it warm. For all the time that it has, I decided to name it Mr. Koh. (don’t ask me why I named it Mr Koh though I can promise you there’s a really good story behind it. Hehe ^-^). I’m at my loss end, still figuring out how to keep it alive, and not making us a fool out of it of course. (After all, this is not Remy, the rat that can cook delicious human food!!)


And so, here I am. Writing for the unborn child of Putih and the newborn mice Mr. Koh, wishing them both well, hoping for the best for both of them and giving them a small token of my appreciation for being able to know them, even for a short while of time, for through them, I was once again reminded about the true ‘humanity’. Irony is it? Well, I let you decide. If only all of us have time to reflect back on what we’ve done and what we’ve become…

No comments: